Financial Support from YFU Canada
YFU Canada offers limited scholarship opportunities (up to $2,000 CAD) for students participating on an academic program with us.
- A minimum 70 percent average
- A resident of Canada
- You must be over 14 years old, and cannot have completed high school at the time of departure.
- You have to pass YFU's standard selection and interviewing process.
- You must travel on a full-year or semester program.
- A grant of up to $2,000 (student must pay remaining fees)
-Placement on a YFU program in one of our 50 partner countries
- Placement with a carefully chosen host family and school, all meals, comprehensive insurance, airfare and 24-hour
support services from YFU's staff and volunteers
- Experience. YFU has sent more than 240,000 students worldwide for more than 50 years. That's also why more than 10,000 parents across the globe trust our organization with their sons and daughters each year.
You need to first be accepted to a YFU exchange program in order to apply for funding.
Once you have been interviewed, admitted and registered, please submit a one-page letter of motivation along with your registration package.
• Why you want to become an exchange student.
• Your method of choosing your destination country.
• How you will help spread awareness about student exchanges and share your experiences with your Canadian classmates during your exchange; an example would be "regular reports, to be printed in the school newspaper."
Please note that it may take some time between your registration and the next board meeting. Successful applicants will be notified as soon as possible.